Where will 2018 take you?
I’ve been spending a fair amount of time this week reflecting, and thinking about what my goals are for this year. I’m amazed at how quickly this week has flown by, and no matter how many times I’m told “Time only flies quicker the older you get.”, I still think the end of each year will take me by surprise. That said, as I mentioned in my 2017 roundup, despite time disappearing at the blink of an eye, I’ve generally managed to fit an awful lot into a year.
This year, I don’t want to waste the next 51 weeks. There are so many opportunities and challenges that I could set myself, but I’ve boiled it down to a couple of key things. No matter what 2018 may hold, there is one thing that I want to set out first and foremost.
This is my motto and life truth for this year. I want to learn to trust it, when I’m in the middle of the storm, or when things are plain sailing.
“Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track.” Prov. 3:5-6
When things make sense, or even when they don’t – I want to hold fast to this truth.
- Slow Down; learn how to say NO.
- Read more; get lost in unknown worlds and stories of the past.
- Delve deeper into the Bible; learn the truths and promises of God till they’re at my fingertips and then beyond.
- Step out in faith: don’t let fear hold me back
- Take time for me; it’s still a Psalm 23 year. Spend more time in coffee shops with a book and a cuppa, or just out walking the dog. Silence and my own companionship is sometimes a good partnership.
- Listen more, communicate better; invest in friendships.
- Let my creative side out: whether this be lettering, paint or photography – it’s important.
- Make prayerful decisions, especially about university!
- Make memories: with family, friends, while travelling or just in everyday life.
- Be more thankful. I want to start a #TalkingThankfulness stream – to remind myself of the countless things I have to be thankful of. It’s all about that ‘Attitude of Gratitude’.
- Continue blogging and developing this platform
- Learning more about how: the coding, SEO, the jargon and just general bits and pieces
- Make my social media presence somewhere that represents entirely what I wish to share
- Learn how to schedule!
Every year, as New Year’s Resolutions are made, and as they’re broken, I get struck with a need to think about how I’m going to do something different this year. If I’m successful at these, or if I’m not, I have something to work towards. I hope that even by thinking these things through, and by writing them down, I can at least try to make them last.
There are 51 weeks left of 2018. I’m going to make them count.